top of page

PEARSONS OF LIVERPOOL

As Pearsons had been one of General Motors major dealers in the north of England, they were asked to help the American company find a new operational assembly plant when the GM factory at Southampton was blitzed in 1940. Pearsons duly obliged and proposed that an old cotton mill at Cuerdon Bamber Bridge near Preston, would be ideally placed for receiving the vehicles that were then being imported.

However, in addition, Pearsons quickly established the opportunity to acquire some of the assembly of Canadian Military Pattern vehicles in Liverpool.  As these supplies became exhausted, and new vehicle chassis were released by the UK vehicle makers, Pearsons returned to their pre-war activities of being a coach - and body-builder.

This early view of a pair of Pearsons-owned Happy Days coaches in front of the Knotty Ash Brewery in East Prescot Road, Liverpool 14. 
The date is probably in the first half of the 1920s.

Part of the Pearsons - Happy Days coach fleet in the 1930s. These coaches ran the daily services from Liverpool to Southport, Preston and Blackpool.

cropImage.png
PM03-009TL.png

This is the Shaw Street Garage at 3, 5 & 7 Shaw Street, Liverpool 6 in 1938, where Pearsons had dealerships for British, American and German made vehicles.

PEARSONS OF LIVERPOOL

AFTER THE WAR WAS OVER....

bottom of page